[nagdu] Doggie seat belts

Craig Heaps craig.heaps at comcast.net
Thu Sep 10 14:58:17 UTC 2015

I thought a lot about this when i got C hase.  We have a small standard
poodle and have always had him in a restraint harness when he rides in
the car. I looked for something similar for Chase. I found research on
crash test dog dummies and bought the only harness that passed the crash
tests. Unfortunately, when I put it on Chase, he would circle on the
seat and become entangled in it.

But I still didn't like the idea of a 65-pound projectile flying through
the air in a crash. So, we went to a simple procedure. In our car, when
it's my wife and me, Chase knows his spot is on the floor behind my
seat. We have a cover on the back seat and he sits with his bottom on
the floor and his head resting on the seat. Other times, I put him
between my feet, either in the front or the back, depending on the
vehicle. On the bus, BART and airplanes, he rides under a seat. He seems
fine with all of that.

Craig and Chase
craig.heaps at comcast.net