[NAGDU] Georgia Guide Dog Users Meeting May 7

Marj Schneider marjschneider at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 8 08:57:46 UTC 2016

Georgia Guide dog Users 2016 Spring Meeting

Please Mark Your Calendars And Invite Others

When:  Saturday, May 7, 2016

Where:  Athens-Clarke County Library

2025 Baxter St., Athens GA 30606

Multipurpose room C

Time:  11:00 AM-3:30 PM

What to Expect

1.  We will have a business meeting in the morning and you will receive
the agenda a week prior to the meeting.

2.  We will be walking to Buffalo Southwest Café for our lunch. Another
announcement will be coming soon concerning the menu at the restaurant
and ordering
your meal in advance.  Hopefully, this will save time for us once we
arrive at the restaurant.

3.  We will have a special speaker after lunch.

A Note About Our Special speaker

Cathy Bruce, owner of Canine Country Academy, located in Lawrenceville
and West Athens, has been training and helping dogs with behavior
problems for
the last 13 years.   Her skills from her prior acting career on Broadway
make her a dynamic speaker and educator. She has trained with some of
the top
expert trainers, behavior consultants and Tellington Touch instructors
in the country, is certified through the Certification Council of Pet
Dog Trainers
and the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants.

Tellington Touch is a tool that anyone working with dogs or anyone who
owns a dog would benefit from.  The applications for Tellington Touch in
canine
behavior modification and building a more trusting relationship with a
dog are endless.  In this hour long presentation, Cathy will be giving a
broad overview
of some of these applications and usage of Tellington Touch techniques
with our canine companions.

Cathy Bruce, CPDT-KA, ACDBC

APDT C.L.A.S.S. Evaluator/ Instructor

IAABC Associate

AKC Evaluator

VSPDT Member

www.caninecountryacademy.com

Assistance with Travel to our meetings:  We realize that it can be
expensive for guide dog handlers to attend GGDU meetings that are held
far from where
you live. If you will be traveling a long distance to attend this
meeting, GGDU can provide limited funds to help with your travel costs.
You will need
to cover some of the expense yourself, but GGDU can also pay up to $50
directly to your driver. Please make your request, with an explanation
of your situation,
to President Betsy Grenevitch at least one week in advance of the
meeting, and we ask that you request funds only once during a calendar
year. Travel assistance
is available to both members and

prospective members of GGDU.

If you have any questions please contact Betsy Grenevitch

Phone:   770-464-0450

E—mail:
blindangel at joimail.com

---