[NAGDU] something that happened to me today

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 15 11:48:44 UTC 2016

Dear, Abby,
Best thing to do when something like this is to back away from the cross walk pull, wait for the person to go their own direction and try again with your command and training that you've learned in school.
When I trained with Odie during my time at Pilot, we didn't have any cross walk buttons to train with, so I ended up having to do it on my own upon returning home.
Although I, like you stated that help is greatly appreciated, it can be annoying at times if it isn't asked for.
I'm a power wheelchair user and same thing happens to me a lot: people start grabbing at me or don't move to give me space I need for safety and to not hurt others.
Same rule applies if a guide dog or other service dog's gear is suddenly grabbed.
Keep doing what you were taught and stick with it.
*Smiles*
Bibi and retired/former
MAR/guide dog son Odie