[NAGDU] guide dogs and unfamiliar routes

Aleeha Dudley blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 00:41:12 UTC 2016

Hey all,
I’m writing to seek your opinion on something that I’ve been pondering for a while. Do you guys find that it is reasonable to go to a brand new city with your dog, get directions to go somewhere, and get there, while still using the dog, even if the area is unknown? Am I wrong in thinking that the dog should listen to what you need, and not have a massive panic? I’ve gotten some push back from people on this and wanted to see your thoughts.
Thanks
Aleeha