[NAGDU] Attack by loose Pit Bull

Donna Elliott donnatelliott at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 20:42:31 UTC 2016

Late on Monday afternoon, while out for a long walk with my guide dog, Amos, a loose pit bull came out of no where and charged.  Amos stayed between the pit bull and I, never letting it get to me.  I had a pick up bag of dog poo that I hadn't found a place to throw away.  Without thinking, I hit the pit bull on the head and face, while screaming at the dog to get out and go away.  Finally, we were able to cross the street and get away.   Amos had no blood on him but wasn't walking normally, so I called my husband to come and pick us up.  Amos was limping, favoring his left front shoulder.  The vet was already closed but first thing yesterday, Amos as seen and the vet said his deltoid muscle was extremely tender.  He's on a strong anti inflammatory and rest.
After this long explanation, my question is does anyone carry anything to be safe from such an attack?  What does NAGDU recommend?
Donna and my Guiding Eyes, Amos

Sent from my iPad