[NAGDU] How Much Food to Give when on Chicken Rice Diet for Diarrhea?

Dani Pagador axs.brl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 20:55:10 UTC 2016

Hi, Everyone.
I started giving Peg a bland chicken and white rice diet to help with
her diarrhea; she had loose stools on Monday afternoon, and I couldn't
remember whether I was supposed to give rice or rice and chicken. I
gave her rice Monday evening and Tuesday breakfast e, maybe 1/4 cup.
Called the vet to see if I could give dog food, and was told Peg needs
to be on a _chicken (oops, Dani) and white rice diet till I get three
days worth of firm stools, then I can incorporate the dog food back in
slowly. 1 part chicken to 2 parts rice, with a little bit of the
boiled chicken water mixed in.

I've been giving her 1/2 c. rice and 1/4 c. chicken with 1 Tbsp.
stock. She's had two meals of it already, has gone out to toilet, but
hasn't done #2 yet. She eats twice a day, so thought I'd stick with
that for the chicken and rice meals, too.

Am I giving her too little of the food?

She doesn't seem to be feeling sick. She's all up for playing when
we're outside, and is dying to get hold of that biscuit I have in the
dog pouch. She also is willing to eat the different food.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Dani