[NAGDU] Montana snow

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Sat Dec 17 00:17:37 UTC 2016

Dar,

Yoiks! We have more snow and cold than usual, but not *that* much. I
debated whether to have Loki cut as close as usual, and decided to do so
since his coat grows so fast. If he needed to be out in the weather for
long periods, I would have left the curls long or had poufs over his
joints or some such. Until he gets more hair, though, I'm doing longish
play sessions indoors throughout the day. I do not mind having an excuse
not to go outside to play with him, honestly. He's old enough now that
he isn't bouncing off the walls, at least.

I have a warm coat of Mitzi's that I got way too big for her, and it
fits him just fine. There's no way her boots would fit him, though I do
have some Musher's Secret to protect his pads if we spend much time
walking out of doors. When his hair grows out some, I'm going to have to
suck it up and do some snow/ice practice with him on some short jaunts,
so I'll use Musher's Secret for those. Since I have my handy live-in
driver, most of our jaunts will be in the nice, warm truck, using the
dog to go from truck to door. I hate using the cane over snow and ice,
as I remembered well running errands after leaving the guide dog at the
groomer's. So I'm glad he's trained now for this winter. He's safety
conscious and good about going around ice patches and finding curbs
under the snow and all. He's finally filled out significantly, so maybe
the wind won't pick him up and blow him around the way it did Mitzi?
Guess we'll find out.

Take care and stay warm and safe while keeping your girl entertained.

Tami