[NAGDU] Vet costs

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 03:12:16 UTC 2016

Tracy,

That seems really expensive to me. None of my dogs have ever needed
surgery beyond spaying, but I have never paid more than  $300 at any
vet. A wellness exam, which includes the office visit, vaccinations,
parasite screening, and a lyme test usually costs me around $200 or so
without a discount if I'm remembering correctly. I order heartworm
preventative from 1800petmeds.com and pay between $80-$100 or so for a
large dog, depending on the brand. I don't use conventional flea and
tick meds anymore, but they can also be found at this same website
along with other types of prescription medication. Chewy.com also
sells nonprescription flea and tick prevention. My old vet offers a
10% discount to service dogs and the new vet offers 15%. Once they
actually gave me a 50% discount on the office visit.

Danielle and Thai