[NAGDU] picking up after dog

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 02:46:54 UTC 2016

Hi Sandra, I agree that there are things that some blind can't
do, and if you have limited physical movement, I can understand
why it would be difficult for you to pick up after your dog.
However, for many blind people it is totally possible and it is
really inconsiderate for people not to pick up after their dogs,
if it is at all possible.  In my yard, I don't pick up.  But we
have another dog as well, so my husband does "poop patrol".  As I
get older, I realize that at some point I may not be able to
clean up after my dog, but am glad that I know how to do so.
Everybody in the world has limitations, and I think everybody has
to acknowledge their own, but everybody's limitations are all
different.  Sighted folks have limitations, too.  It is a
healthier attitude to accept what your limitations are, overcome
those that you can and accept the ones you can't.    Debby