[NAGDU] Applying for first guide dog

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Fri Jan 15 16:44:27 UTC 2016

Amanda,
I think many of the schools will hold onto your application and home interview materials for a year. I also think that some employers may allow you the time off if you mention it during your interview. You may consider applying to a guide dog school that has a shorter training program too. I think many schools are doing this now, but I know that GDF (Guide Dog Foundation) and GDB (Guide Dogs for the Blind) both offer 2 week classes. This makes taking off of work easier for many people.
Best of luck to you!
Deanna and Mambo