[NAGDU] Dog Attack and A Question About Distractions

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sat Jan 16 18:32:21 UTC 2016

I'm saying this as gently as I possibly can, but this is email so please
understand my intent.

Could it be that Becky was rude to the other dog?    It would be appropriate
dog language for the other dog to growl is a strange dog was suddenly way up
in their space.  It would be like going up to some random person in Wal-Mart
and giving them a hug.  The chances are really high that it's going to not
be appreciated.  You would get the human equivalent of a growl...a shove,
some four letter words etc.  And that would be understandable because we all
consider that behavior extremely rude.

>From what you've described, I don't think it was aggression on the other
dog's part.  I think it was simply a social reprimand for pushy behavior.
Here's an article that explains this more:
http://suzanneclothier.com/he-just-wants-to-say-hi#.VpqMcsH2Zv4

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC