[NAGDU] Getting a new guide

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 18:07:26 UTC 2016

Hi there,
I am glad you are now getting another dog. Now here's what I personally think.
First off, the dogs should meet on neutral ground; it doesn't have to be way far away. Then for us I took my dog on leash into the house and took her around the house, giving her the opportunity to sniff everything while the other dog waited outside. He was so glad to see me that it was a little while before he realized I had brought home a dog. I would say that it might be best if for a period of time you only tended to your dog. Eventually it would be fine for you both to take care of them as needs required, and maybe it doesn't really matter, but you should definitely be primary caregiver of your dog.
Cindy