[NAGDU] Scary Situation

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 21 12:34:30 UTC 2016

Hi, Andy,
I don't have Odie on a long leash if we are out in the south yard of our building, despite both gates are chained and locked off.
During my training at Pilot Dogs, the instructor who trained Odie told us to never leave our dogs out in the yard on a long tie down leash for that it can be cut off easily.
I do agree with ya here that although one incident may happen, it doesn't mean another one will.
Almost ten ahd a half years ago right after I had moved into my apartment complex, Odie and I found ourselves in a bad situation with a former resident's visitor who came over to see them.
The visitor had the nerve to swing a limb at Odie which prompted my canine partner into attack mode immediately.
He charged the lady and was ready to cut off the limb that was used against him.
I ended up having to holler at Odie very loudly, enough to scare him and stop the attack from happening.
Needless to say, that lady was banned from the property and ordered to not come back or she'd be arrested by the police department.
Speaking of attacks...
We had a situation here in Denver, County, Colorado over the weekend where a lady ended up being attacked by both her dogs.
This isn't the first time this has happened.
Since this has been an on-going problem, I'm afraid to say that her dogs aren't safe to rehome with another dog or human.
Sadly, there's a strong chance they may need to be destroyed.
We humans are the ones who are responsible for how our dogs behave and if we inflict damage or cause them to behave badly in the end.
Bibi and retired/former
MAR/guide dog son Odie