[NAGDU] Sedona update

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Sun May 15 05:41:34 UTC 2016

Hi every one,Mardi here. Sedona is doing great working with the power
wheelchair. She has not gotten her toes crunched since the first time I
worked her with my manual wheelchair. She is learning to stop at curb cuts
and cross streets.We haven't had any problems with loose dogs so far.
Today, there was a little boy that hung on to his dog,so it would not get
away from him to bother my dog. As we hurried passed them, I thanked him
for not letting his dog get away from him.Sedona does get distracted by the
dogs in their fenced yards,but is redirected fairly easily when I tell her
"leave it". I am a bit concerned about her growth rate. She is 7.5 months
old and measures at 20 inches at her shoulder. The breed Standard for Dutch
Shepherds says that females should measure at 21.5 to 23 inches at the
shoulder.I am hopping that she will grow a little more.The standard also
says that Duthcies should weigh between 50 to 70 pounds.I am not sure how
much she weighs as I do not have a scale and she has grown since she was
last at the vets.She also has not come into season yet. I don't know if
this is normal for Dutchies or not.Any one have any ideas on how to get a
dog to grow?      Mardi and Shaman,semi-retired and Neechee,GD and
Sedona,GDIT.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/