[NAGDU] Going To The Gym

Caitlyn Furness caitlyn.furness at gmail.com
Thu May 26 10:51:52 UTC 2016

Hi Elise,

I don’t belong to a gym now, but did for years, two different ones, in fact.

I have always taken my dogs to these places.  I have the dog lie down and do a down stay next to the treadmill or bike or elliptical machine while I use it.

when I took yoga classes, I put my dog on a down stay in the corner, near me, but not in the way, while the class was going on.  I have a mat for her, and she knows to stay on her own mat when I tell her to do that.

I did have one person complain about the dog, but she was just trying to stir up trouble, because she wwas going on and on about how I was enslaving the dog, etc.

I belonged to Curves for a time, and for that one, I put the dog on a down stay near the stretching frame, which was in the center of the circuit they have you go around.  I tried having the dog with me for the circuit, but she just got in the way and it was awkward to move from station to station with her.  the machines were right in a circle, a few steps from each other, anyway, so I didn’t need to work my dog from one to the other.

hth,
Caitlyn and Maggie