[NAGDU] Do we stand out?

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sat May 28 13:26:53 UTC 2016

It's interesting to me that so many sighted people spend loads of time and
energy on standing out.  they want to be noticed.  They spend time on hair,
make up, clothes, cars...whatever.  Blind people do some of that stuff too,
but why is it that discussions always center around blind people blending in
while sighted folks want to stand out?

I'm not criticizing, my personal ambition is to blend in.  I feel like it's
a good day if I can go and do what I want or need to get done, without
interference, drama or general insanity.  Why is that though?  Where does
this fundamental difference in how we should be in the world come from?

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC