[NAGDU] the messages we send as working teams

Emily K. Michael emily.k.michael at gmail.com
Sun May 29 17:55:35 UTC 2016

Good afternoon, guide dog users!

In recent conversations, we’ve talked about the complications of standing out, of being so obvious to nondisabled people, so I’m sharing this essay in the spirit of what our working relationships communicate.

This is a piece I wrote called “Working Resonance: Concerto for Guide Dog, Handler, and World,” and it was published by The Hopper, a literary journal with an ecological focus.

Here’s the link: http://www.hoppermag.org/working-resonance

I hope you enjoy it, and if you’re a nature-lover, please consider joining my Facebook group “Ecology & Disability: Extending Access to the More-Than-Human World”: www.facebook.com/groups/1756874304534844/

Warmly,
Emily, with York
---
Emily K. Michael
emily.k.michael at gmail.com
Blog: http://areyouseeingthis.wordpress.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/authoremilykmichael/
Twitter: @ModwynEarendel

“Science, technology, and the economic uses of nature need not be antithetical to celebration.”
 –Gary Snyder, The Practice of the Wild