[NAGDU] Relief Areas in Airports

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 00:38:44 UTC 2016

Before I begin this, I want all to know that I do not have a problem with
other service dogs besides guide dogs, but an issue has come up about which
I am not sure how to react. Airports are supposed to have relief areas
indoors by gates. The Des Moines airport is rather small. The Airport
Authority, for not being sure what else to call them, has decided to put it
outside between the terminal, as I understand it, and the gates. I am not
sure if this means you have to come back in through security or what, but
they got the go ahead from Paws and Effects, or whatever that place is
called. I know of no blind people who were consulted, though there is one I
am going to contact to make sure. I think it is interesting that guide dog
users had no opportunity to respond.

Cindy Lou Ray, Moderator

cindyray at Gmail.com <mailto:cindyray at Gmail.com>