[NAGDU] Accountability for comments was: Emotional Support Dog attack on delta.

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 16:34:20 UTC 2017

Let us not debate here which airline is the worst offender with regard to
the treatment of people and their service dogs. The issue is not that. The
issue here is what the treatment is by such airlines. All of them have at
one time or another wronged handlers and their dogs. Instead, let us discuss
how we might envision additional work on the problem. I am sure most of you
know that we have had airline issues since the airplane was invented almost.
Well, this could be an exaggeration. We will not discuss here if Delta is
worse or if American or Southwest or whatever. Why? Because a man was bitten
by a support animal on a Delta flight; it could have happened on any flight
on any airline. Also, as I said, this problem or others has come up time and
time again. So let's just stick to the issue at hand. How are ESAs affecting
the use of other service animals? Maybe we have had an experience on an
airline? If so, what was that experience? What should the National
Association of Guide Dog Users do about it? What should we in the National
Federation of the Blind do about it in order to make it more possible to
live the lives we want without barriers.

Cindy Lou Ray, Moderator
cindyray at gmail.com