[NAGDU] if you had a magic wand

Raul A. Gallegos raul at raulgallegos.com
Sat Jun 24 17:02:46 UTC 2017

Hello. I think that these are valid concerns. However, at least for me when I've got my very first dog back in the 90s, it was almost like a parental instinct. You just remember. Because they are constantly around and constantly near you and because caring and being responsible for a dog like this is literally caring for a life form, you developed a bond and you develop those memories to remember to take them out, feed them, care for them, etc.  in my case, I have to remember to play with my dog. Especially if he has had a long and stressful day, playtime is very important. It helps get some stress out and it helps to make your bond even stronger. If you get a dog, there will be things that you will forget. Maybe you will be feeling lazy and don't want to groom him one day. Maybe you will be feeling lazy and don't want to take them out for a certain travel. However, I guarantee that if you forget to take him out and he ends up having an accident in your home, you will not forget. Yesterday I would have received the bad handler award because I let the two dogs out to the backyard to play a little and use the bathroom. I was on the phone dealing with something else and guess what, I forgot they were out there. I am not sure if I should really be posting this here but oh well here goes, thanks to the Home Security alarm system we have, it alerted me that the back door was open. When it did, that reminded me the dogs were there. In a place like Houston during this time of year, it is very important that you do not leave your dogs outside longer than they have to be. Luckily this was only 10 minutes and so it was not a big deal. The yard has some shaded areas and so it was all good. However they were very happy to come back inside and lay on the tile floor.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Assistive Technology Trainer - RGA Tech Solutions

Mobile: 832.554.7285
Work: 832.639.4477
Personal Email: raul at raulgallegos.com
Work Email: training at rgats.com

“Any teacher that can be replaced with a computer, deserves to be.” – David Thornburg