[NAGDU] need suggestions re kids without supervision in my apartment complex

Julie Johnson julielj402 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 20:04:11 UTC 2017

It isn't bad behavior is the kids don't know any differently.  Bad
behavior is a situational and cultural thing.  It's learned.  These kids
are not trying to be mean or endanger Alleaha.  They simply have no clue
that what they are doing is a problem.

If it were me, and it's not, I'd set aside some time to work with the
kids.  I'd pick a time when I wasn't in a hurry and could take my time.
It would be a challenge because of the language barrier, but kids are
adaptable.  There would need to be a lot of showing rather than telling,
but I think with time you could communicate appropriate behavior.

Certainly calling the landlord/CPS/the police are all options, but
unless these kids are really young or there is some danger, I don't
think any of that is going to be productive.  I'm understanding this
area to be like a shared yard that is fenced. Kids play in fenced yards
all the time around here and no one thinks a thing about it.  Perhaps I
live in the sticks and we are all a little backwards, which is possible,
who knows.  Personally, I wouldn't go to that until I had exhausted all
other options.

Julie

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/singingmywayin%40g