[NAGDU] Relieving on route

Joe Orozco jsoro620 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 15:02:39 UTC 2017

A couple ideas:

First, to get him to go before you start your route, give yourself
enough time to allow him to relieve himself. Position yourself in a
wide enough area where he can walk a circle around you. It’s better
than standing in one spot and allowing him to create his own smaller
circle. It’s the walking that’s loosening the process, so maybe the
greater distance will mobilize things, but especially now that the
weather is leaning generally toward warming up, you might allow
yourself a little more time to let him go before you set off.

Second, as he is taking care of business, pop a treat in his mouth. A
bit counterproductive, you might say, but the timing should start to
build the association between treat and relieving. Maybe come up with
a trigger word you can proclaim when you treat him?

Anyway, I hope this is of some use.

Joe