[NAGDU] Robotic Guide Dog - Elementary School Project

Chip McCain chipandtracysplace at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 18:08:14 UTC 2017

Hello folks and greetings,
My daughter is an elementary school teacher and has been placed in
charge of her school's robotics group this year. This year's project
is a robotic guide dog - is it possible?  Her class is in charge with
investigating what would be needed in a guide dog and then pass those
findings on to the High School  Tobotic team. I'm totally blind but
havve never owned a guide dog, so when she called me the other day and
they wanted to know what would be the most important properties of a
robotic guide dog I told them that I'd do some asking around and see
what actual owners of dog's thought. I'd appreciate you taking a
little time and giving these kids your thoughts. If you'd like to
respond off list my email address is chipandtracysplace at gmail.com -
have a great day everyone.