[NAGDU] Doorways

Julie Johnson julielj at neb.rr.com
Mon Sep 18 12:06:35 UTC 2017

When I have a dog anticipating something that is a problem, I just rework
it.  I typically don't correct because I like the dog to take initiative.  I
have a do over and show them what I want, praising or perhaps giving a treat
for correct behavior.  If I know it's something the dog will have difficulty
with or want to do a different way, I spend more time on it and keep the
reinforcement high for longer.

There is a list for owner trainers and I'll add you if you like.  There's 50
or so people subscribed.  The list is generally quiet until an interesting
topic comes up.

Julie
On The Go with Guide-and-Service-Dogs.com
http://www.guide-and-service-dogs.com
also find my products in the Blind Mice Mega Mall
<https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/Directory_Departments?storeid=1916046>