[NAGDU] Need a dictionary

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Fri Feb 2 01:04:05 UTC 2018

They're not at all interchangeable. A psychiatric service dog is task trained, just like any other service dog. Tasks may include leading a person to a safe place (like outside, if overwhelmed), acting as a barrier between its handler and other people (to keep the person from getting overwhelmed by crowds), going into a place, like home for example, to determine that the place is safe, certainly other things that I'm not thinking of. An emotional support animal (ESA) does not have to have any specific training; its mere presence as a comforting thingy is all that's required. Thus, they are allowed in housing situations, which I can get behind, are not accounted for in the ADA, which I'm fine with (again, no public behavior training or other task training is required), and, as we see, are also provided for in the ACAA (which, clearly, we have issues with).

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Mobile (preferred): (814) 431-0962
Email: buddy at brannan.name
"We are all just walking each other home."