[NAGDU] smelly leather harnesses

Ann Edie Annedie at nycap.rr.com
Tue Feb 27 19:57:18 UTC 2018

Hi, Tracy,

Here's what we do for leather horse tack--
For new leather, we oil it with something like Neets foot oil.
For in-use leather that has gotten soiled, we use saddle soap to clean it, and then use the leather conditioner to keep it supple. The saddle soap that I use comes in a can and is like a paste wax consistency. It comes with a natural sponge in the can for applying. You dampen the sponge in warm water and then rub the damp sponge on the saddle soap to pick up some of the soap. Then you rub the leather with the saddle soap. Then you rinse the sponge out and go over the leather with the damp sponge to remove the dirt and excess saddle soap. Then you apply the leather conditioner with a clean cloth and rub it in.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Ann