[NAGDU] Ruffwear coats

Julie Johnson julielj at neb.rr.com
Sat Jan 13 11:18:59 UTC 2018

My dogs wear over the harness coats and sweaters.  I find taking the harness
on and off and making the size adjustments annoying.  With the over the
harness type you are only taking the coat off when you get into the store or
whatever.  It's much less hassle.

The sweaters I use are the style I make.  They go on over the head and
handle.  There is a flap to cover the handle opening and buckles underneath
to keep it closed. I make them custom and can do whatever you like for
color, sizing, straps/buckles or any other modifications you want to make.

The coats my dogs have were custom made by a company called Cozy Horse. She
has a shop on Etsy.  You can select the color, lining, fiber fill, strap
design, reflective material, service dog text and with the dog's
measurements it will have a tailored fit.  Expensive, but worth it to me.

My dogs are a lab/Boxer mix and a Doberman.  They have short coats and need
something extra to keep them warm when it's super cold.  The Doberman wears
her sweater from about 40 degrees down to about 20 degrees.  Below 20 she
wears the heavy coat.  The lab/Boxer mix only needs some extra warmth when
it's below 20 or so.  Each dog is different.  You just have to pay attention
to their body language, noticing when they get uncomfortable.

Julie
On The Go with Guide-and-Service-Dogs.com
http://www.guide-and-service-dogs.com
also find my products in the Blind Mice Mega Mall
<https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/Directory_Departments?storeid=1916046>