[NAGDU] GDF

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 16:09:52 UTC 2018

GDF's training methods are based on positive reinforcement and negative punishment. Dogs are rewarded for behaving correctly, and most often ignored or redirected when behaving inappropriately. Food rewards are used a lot at first, but gradually reduced or phased out almost entirely over the first six months or so home with the dog. Clicker training is also used frequently during training, and taught to students.Leash corrections are used sometimes, though less often than a lot of other programs. Though I am a major proponent of using force free methods whenever possible, realistically not many dogs can work without any leash correction at any time. If you know anything about GDB's training methods, GDF is fairly similar. Those are probably the two programs that use the most positive training methods at this time.
I received my dog before food rewards were really incorporated much, and even then leash corrections were used less than at some other programs.

Danielle and Thai
Sent from my iPhone