[NAGDU] Pill giving

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Thu Jan 25 18:08:53 UTC 2018

Tracy,

I've tried that with Mitzi and discovered she can spit out a tiny pill
and still eat the kibble. The technique might work with Zay in case she
ever has to take pills. I do give both cranberry pills and fish oil
pills in the dogs' food. Mitzi will generally eat the pills, but every
now and then, she'll manage to leave the cranberry in her bowl or on the
floor. Goober.

I used to use pill pockets, which are super easy. Wayne squalls at
buying them, though, so he gets to cut up pieces of cheese for things
like antibiotics. Mitzi's pain pills are chewable, so that's handy. I
also give her a Pepcid now and then, but those are easy to just put in
the back of her mouth. She's pretty good at swallowing them by now.

Tami