[NAGDU] video in training

Elizabeth Campbell batescampbell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 02:26:52 UTC 2018

Hi Keri and list,
I think you should do what you think is best regarding documenting meeting
your dog and so forth. I would mention your wanting to do some videos to
your instructor. When I went to get Gabe in 2008, i had just retired my
first dog, Bates. My editors at the newspaper where I work wanted me to
write an essay about retiring my guide and the experiences of getting a new
dog.
This was before Facebook Live, etc. etc.
I used an Olympus digital recorder with microphones clipped to what I was
wearing. That way, I was recording while being totally hands-free to work
with Gabe.
When I went back in 2015 to get Barbara, I asked my instructor to take some
photos on some of the routes and when we went to New York City. I posted
the photos with descriptions to Facebook, and they were a big hit.
So, I really think it depends on the circumstances.
I honestly didn't document my experiences in 2015 because I was in an
abbreviated training program because I came in to class a week late.
Hope this helps.

Liz

--
Elizabeth Campbell