[NAGDU] Rainbow bridge

bakerdebra53 at gmail.com bakerdebra53 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 19:40:19 UTC 2018

Dear Jody,

My name is Debbie Baker.  I don't post to the list very often.  My dog
Bella, from The Seeing Eye, my sixth dog, died of lymphoma in 2015, nine
weeks after her diagnosis.  Her tumor was in her lung.  I took her to
Medvet, here in Ohio, for the diagnosis, and opted to allow her to have some
chemo, admittedly so that I could adjust to the sudden diagnosis of lymphoma
myself and prepare for applying to get another guide dog.  Bella and I had
worked together for seven years.  She would have been ten on January 4 of
2016.

As I reflect back, I remember that I noticed a difference in her breathing,
but I didn't give it much credence at the time--just thought it was probably
due to her aging.  But I can identify somewhat with your experience.  Bella
lasted 42 hours at the end without having eaten or drunk.  So I decided to
have her put down.  That decision, and experience,  of course, are never
easy.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sincerely,

Debbie Baker

Bakerdebra53 at gmail.com