[NAGDU] Question about Breeds

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 17:36:00 UTC 2019

Hope this goes through. Breeds do have characteristics of course, but
within the breeds the dogs have certain personalities that either do or
don't lend themselves well to guiding. I like labs, goldens, and lab/golden
crosses, but I would love to have a shepherd because I simply love their
gait. Those dogs are rather loyal and a an instructor told me once they
decide if they want to work for you. The retriever dogs like to please a
lot, but some like to more than others. Usually, but not always, if a
school chooses your dog, they have a dog in mind based on what they know
about you and their knowledge of the dog. Their knowledge of the dog, of
course, is much better when you are going for the first time. As you attend
a school, I think they know you better. Still, any dog might not work out
or might work out well. I had a crazy black lab once, but most of my labs,
my cross, and my golden, were very well behaved. Poodles are nice because
they don't shed. Some see to be a little higher strung. Anyway, this is my
own opinion, and not based on research. Others will probably say something
quite different.