[NAGDU] Guide Dog Schools

Newton, Cherie cnewton at itsmarta.com
Fri Oct 4 10:50:53 UTC 2019

I'd recommend The Seeing Eye. I got my 4th guide from there this past May-it was my first from TSE. While I was waiting I kept being told by TSE staff to get the full TSE experience I needed to come there to class. I first thought it was some sort of an advertising ploy, but once I was there and had my dog for a few days I realized what they'd been saying was true. I was extremely impressed with the level of care and detail the instructors put into matching me with my wonderful partner and the unparalleled training I received.

Having the large class split up with 4 students per instructor who stayed with us the entire time created an atmosphere of closeness and comradery I don't think I've ever experienced before. My team grew very close and we supported each other the entire time-celebrating victories, giving encouragement and support during down times and just generally being there for each other. Our instructor Ryan was top of the line! In fact every instructor in our class was excellent!

You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails

Cheers,

Cherie Newton & German Shepherd Guide Astrid