[NAGDU] IRS "Get my Payment" Tool

Keri Svendsen keribcu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 15:01:03 UTC 2020

Good luck to all who try to use this. There are three of us that I know
so far that we get a we can't determine message. It's very very angering
since I know at least two of us filed taxes in either 2018 or 2019.

Also just as an FYI in the FAFSA data retrieval tool if your address is
a P.O. box you only enter that number, but there is no indication with
this tool whether you do the same or have to include P.O. box. Either
way it didn't work for me.

I'm annoyed I wanted to set mine up to come direct deposit. If they send
a check it will go to an address in which I no longer live, so the fact
this tool is epically broken is a problem.

On 4/15/2020 10:32 AM, Sarah Calhoun via NAGDU wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> If you are wondering when you will get your stimulus check from the
> Government as a result of the CARES act, you can use the "Get my Payment"
> tool from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).  The link is:
> https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment
>
> The tool is pretty accessible.  You click the Get my Payment button, then,
> you click an 'OK' button to acknowledge that you accept that the system is
> for authorized use only.  You'll need your SS Number, Date of Birth and
> Street Address with zip code.  Enter that information and click continue,
> and you'll be told when your payment is expected to arrive.  The site does
> alert you that you may need your 2019 or 2018 tax return, but as long as
> you've filed one of these returns and have the information the site asks
> for, you should be fine.
>
> There is information on the initial page after the "Get my Payment" button
> which talks about what to do if you didn't file a return. The link is:
>
> https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here
>
> Best,
> Sarah

Keri Svendsen