[NAGDU] guide dog matching process

Newton, Cherie cnewton at itsmarta.com
Fri Feb 14 18:36:25 UTC 2020

Hi,

I can only speak about GDB, Freedom Guide Dogs and TSE. My first 2 guides were from GDB and I was very happy with the matching process. I thought it was thorough and well thought out.

Freedom's matching process was also good, but Freedom is a much smaller school with more limited resources. They do very well with what they have to offer. I was very pleased with my 3rd guide which came from them.

TSE in my opinion had the most thorough matching process. There was a lot more detail, questions asked, evaluations done and feedback given. My 4th guide-who I've had for a bit over 10 months now was expertly matched with me for my needs. This dog is top of the line and I couldn't be happier!

Cherie Newton
Mobility Services Agent
Office of Mobility
MARTA