[NAGDU] introducing a guide dog to existing pet dogs

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 02:51:47 UTC 2020

Hi, Ryan,
When I have had pets or was married to someone with a guide dog, someone would bring the dog outside. We would have them meet in somewhat neutral territory so that they might sniff one another and see how they will react. Then with no other dogs in the house, I took my new guide inside and let them explore the house. The dog stayed on a leash for up to two weeks, and the other dogs were kept on leashes, too, if any of them would want to make trouble. Then gradually they would have free interaction.
Cindy Lou Ray
Cindyray at gmail.com

Cindy Lou Ray
Sent from my iPhone