[NAGDU] Guide Dogs of America and Tender Loving Canines Assistance Dogs Announce Merger

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 16:12:36 UTC 2020

I think it has the potential to be a great collaboration. There has
always been such a rift between guide dog programs and non-guiding
service dog programs. Most guide dog handlers don't know much about
other types of service dogs, so maybe this will be an educational
experience for everyone involved. It also can allow for the sharing of
resources, similar to how GDF and AVD share a student residence,
kennel, breeding department, consumer services department, etc.

As for how this will impact the individual programs, I would be
interested to hear. I do wish they used terminology that reflects the
ADA (I.E. service dog not assistance dog), but maybe that's me.

Danielle