[NAGDU] Convention

Raul A. Gallegos (NFB) rgallegos at nagdu.org
Tue Jan 21 21:47:42 UTC 2020

Hello Hannah, this is so good to hear.
This will be a wonderful convention because it is in my hometown of Houston Texas. I can tell you that there are several ways to get dog food to convention. First, you can always bring it with you. Depending on how much food your dog eats, this might require some careful thinking about how you will pack things in your luggage. If you go this route, I would recommend that you have at least one or two days worth of food with you along with the cary-on just in case your luggage is lost or delayed. The second method is to have a store deliver it to you, but the hotel might charge a receiving fee which you might not want to pay. Speaking of delivery, there are grocery delivery services like Instacart and Shipt, which deliver from some pet stores and if your dog food is sold there, then you can do a local delivery that way. From my own personal experience, bringing the required dog food is less chaotic even though it means you will be packing more things. Considering that the food will be consumed, I see this as the perfect way of having extra space for souvenirs while you are visiting H-town.

Thanks, and I hope this helps.

Raul A. Gallegos
Vice President: National Association of Guide Dog Users
Vice President: National Federation of the Blind Houston Chapter

rgallegos at nagdu.org  -  (832) 554-7285

"Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap." - Kenneth Jernigan