[NAGDU] Airline seat designations

Michael Forzano michaeldforzano at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 16:31:13 UTC 2020

Many airlines including Alaska will put a guide dog user in premium
economy for free. I fly Alaska all the time and if they tried to
charge for the seat you probably got someone who didn't know the
policy.

Economy is just a standard seat. Regardless of the size of the plane
that usually means 30 to 31 inches of pitch (the distance between your
seatback and the back of the seat in front of you). Economy + and
their equivalents typically have 3 extra inches, or sometimes more if
you're sitting in a bulkhead. That is hit or miss as some bulkheads
have a wall in front of you, which I don't find to be great for us as
there is no seat in front of you for the dog to slide under. Other
bulkhead rows have a first class seat in front of you which gives you
tons of room.

I'd definitely call and see about getting into Economy Plus.

Mike