[NAGDU] hands free leashes

Rox Homstad pawpower4me at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 16:09:33 UTC 2020

Hello,
There are two types of hands free leashes that are most frequently used. One style wraps around your waist, and attaches to the dog.  You see these types in stores for dogs who do urban mushing or other sports like Canicross.  Most service dog hands free leashes to over the shoulder and cross the body, like a messenger bag.  So if the dog works on the left, the leash goes over your right shoulder, diagonal across your body to clip on the dogs collar on your left.
I am Deaf and use ASL for communication so I find that if I'm going to be speaking a lot or having interpreters with me while we walk and they need to communicate I will use a cross body leash.
I believe Julie Johnson from on the go sells both styles in nylon.  You can get one in leather from either activedogs or bridgeport equipment if thats more your style.

Rox'E and the Kitchen Bitches
Soleil, Rowan, Phoenix
pawpower4me at gmail.com