[NAGDU] UPDATE FROM GDB

mike at michaelhingson.com mike at michaelhingson.com
Thu Mar 19 23:24:22 UTC 2020

I thought everyone would be interested in the latest from GDB. I have
permission to distribute this.

Good afternoon Michael

As a valued member of our client community, we've been thinking a lot about
you. As we've been attending to our staff and volunteers, you have been ever
present in our mind, and we hope you are healthy and navigating this
situation as well as you can. I am writing to update you on GDB's continuing
efforts to support clients, staff, volunteers and donors during the COVID-19
outbreak.

As you are aware, several weeks ago GDB made the decision to restrict all
travel in the field to that which is essential for the safety of clients
and/or dogs. This response has allowed us to do our part to mitigate risks
and minimize the effects of the coronavirus within our constituent
community.

Beginning 3/17/2020, we have extended our precautionary measure to include
suspension of class training on our California and Oregon campuses; all
campus tours continue to be cancelled. We are now minimizing the number of
staff and volunteers on campus, while ensuring that our dogs continue to
receive the best care possible and that our people remain healthy and safe.
We are exploring and enacting creative ways to keep our operations and
life-changing mission moving forward. Please be assured that telephonic
support through our Support Center, Veterinary Financial Assistance program
and your Field Service Manager remain available; our Admissions Department
continues to process applications.

Like you, we are closely monitoring the latest information about the virus
from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control
(CDC), along with state and local organizations, and will continue to make
any necessary adjustments to our operations. A GDB Operational Command team
is meeting on a daily basis to ensure an informed and measured response to
the COVID-19 situation while continuing to serve the purpose of mission.

Thank you for your understanding and support during this challenging time.
You are a valued member of the GDB community and we will keep you informed
as things continue to unfold.

Please contact the Support Center at 800-295-4050 with any questions.

With Care,

Lauren Kenney

Director of Client Services