[NAGDU] 4 years later

Raul Gallegos rgallegos at nagdu.org
Tue Feb 2 15:53:40 UTC 2021

Hello everyone, I am happy to share that today is the four-year anniversary
from when I first met Larry back in 2017. It goes without saying that Larry
is my guide dog however, considering that he has what I would consider a
non-traditional dog name, I figured that I would put that out there as a
disclaimer. In any case, I still remember that day as if it was yesterday.
Larry and I were partnered here in Houston Texas and our training was done
at home. This was during the Super bowl which also took place here in
Houston texas. A great deal has changed since he and I became partners. Not
only did I get married, but a new normal has come upon us. While he has not
done as much guiding over the last eight months, he is still on top of it.
He is such a character, still behaving as if he was 2 years old in many
aspects, yet he does a great job when it comes to guiding. I believe that
as the years pass, he will continue to have a very happy personality and
will only be stopped by physical limitations. Thank you to guiding Eyes for
the Blind for providing such a wonderful dog, and giving me the opportunity
to enjoy a great partnership. I am looking forward to many more years with
larry.