[NAGDU] Choosing a guide dog school

Raul Gallegos rgallegos at nagdu.org
Tue Feb 23 03:29:51 UTC 2021

Hello, that is a great question. When choosing a guide dog school, there
are a lot of questions that you will want to have in your list of things to
check. Some schools will offer things that you are in total agreement with
and some will not.  As an example, I use the analogy of choosing what
grocery store you give your business to. Sometimes people will choose a
grocery store based on product availability, distance, and price. While not
the same at all, choosing a guide dog training program is much the same
where you will pick what is best for you whether it is because of a
geographic location, dog breed, or other factors involving your experience
with a guide dog. This past sunday, we hosted a seminar on this exact
topic. The recording for the seminar will be coming out on this list later
this week and is perfect for those folks who were not able to attend the
meeting. I wish you the best of luck with these new experiences.