[New-hampshire-students] new NFB-LINK program

Marie Johnson jomar2000 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 5 18:28:55 UTC 2010

Hi all, I was recently sent an email requesting me to contact a lady who has
just signed up to this new NFB-LINK program to find a mentor in NH.
I had never heard of this program until now, and the original email appeared
to be a spam but  I made sure, through Nat'l that it is real and very
valuable to those seeking mentors or seeking to become a mentor.  Anyway, I
thought you may want to hear all the details of this new mentoring program
and will be willing to contact any person, if they are in your area,
whenever their information comes in.

Thanks.   Marie

* here is what I pulled off the website
Are you a blind student interested in pursuing a college education? Have you
recently found out that you're experiencing vision loss? Are you nervous
about pursuing a new hobby, career path, or interest, because you've never
heard of another blind person who has done it successfully?
NFB-LINK provides mentoring relationships for individuals who would like
resources and guidance on a variety of blindness topics.
NFB-LINK can help you get the information you need to live life to the
fullest!

This is your opportunity to take control of your own life.
LEARN MORE ABOUT BLINDNESS, FIND A MENTOR! OR
BECOME A MENTOR AND SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE.

Program Services Include:
Online and in-person mentoring
Advice for family and friends
How to continue with your hobbies and interests such as gardening, grilling,
cooking, etc.
Career development and opportunities
Introduction to local and statewide blindness support groups and services
Scholarship opportunities and advocacy training for blind students
Information for parents of blind children
Resources for blindness professionals e.g. ophthalmologists, teachers,
rehabilitation counselors, etc.
Tips for seniors experiencing vision loss

These comprehensive resources are based on the collective experiences of
thousands of blind persons who have succeeded in various arenas. NFB-LINK is
founded on the NFB's can-do, positive attitude about blindness, emphasizing
high expectations, independence and personal achievement.
Join our growing network and meet others like yourself. Alone we can do so
little; together we can do so much.
Looking for information about blindness and visual impairment? NFB Home

E-mail: help at nfblink.org   Updated: July, 2009