[NFB-Announce] Change in List Purpose

David Andrews dandrews920 at comcast.net
Sat May 16 18:29:25 UTC 2020

Dear Subscribers to the NFB-Announce List:

As some of you know, this list has been around for quite some time.
For whatever reason, it has never been widely used. Consequently, we
are going to slightly modify the purpose of this list. The name will
remain the same, and your subscription will not be changed. You are
of course free to subscribe at any time -- see the end of the message.

As you know, things have changed for all of us in the past two months
or so. As a response, many NFB affiliates, divisions, and chapters
have responded positively with a wide variety of Zoom meetings,
webinars, trainings etc. This change has resulted in a large number
of posts to our NFBNET-Members-List. In order to manage that traffic,
we have changed our procedure so that all such announcements must go
through a Central Point. They are then gathered together, and one or
two posts per week will be made to the Members list.

We understand that things may change, additional opportunities may
occur, people may wish to post reminders etc. Consequently, we will
be using the NFB-Announce list for this purpose.

The list will be moderated, that is all messages will be held until
they are approved. However, we will be as lenient as possible with
this approval, to give people an outlet to make a wide variety of
event-related announcements in this difficult time.  The list,
however, will not be used for discussion -- just announcements. That
is the purpose of moderating the list.

At the end of this message is a "personal options" link for you. You
can unsubscribe or do other things from this link.

Thanks, and if you have any questions, you can write me at
david.andrews at nfbnet.org

David Andrews, List Owner

https://www.avg.com