[NFB-Hams] introducing myself to some on this list, reintroducing myself to others.

maurice mines maurice at maurice-amines.com
Tue Aug 18 00:38:10 UTC 2020

hello, I just signed up for this list. I didn't know what was here. You
might wonder how can a deaf blind person be licensed. I'll answer any
questions about that that might pop up. My call is kd0iko, I've been
licensed since 2009. I'm a general class operator. Unfortunately because
of my current living situation I don't do very much HF work at all. But
you can occasionally find me on the local repeater here in Bakersfield
California. I know that doesn't sound like a zero call I was licensed
when I was a student at the University of Northern Colorado and Greeley
Colorado. As you can see below, outside of amateur radio I'm extremely
active in the national Federation of the blind. As well as being a
national board member of the deaf blind division and the vice president
of my local chapter here in Bakersfield. 73 everyone and I look forward
to reading post on the list.

--
PS I would've come to the amateur radio meeting during the recent
virtual convention, but because of my being on the deaf blind a vision

Maurice Mines, Board Member National Federation of the Blind Deaf-Blind
Division Email: board4 at nfbdeaf-blind.org Website: www.nfbdeaf-blind.org
Live the life you want. The National Federation of the Blind Deaf-Blind
Division, a proud division of the National Federation of the Blind, is a
community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of
the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live
the lives they want.