[Nfb-kzoo] Update

Tyler merren twmerren at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 12:48:15 UTC 2009

Hey Everyone,
I wanted to give you an update on my portion of the tasks and such that we are all working on.  I spoke with the MBAA and made our intentions clear to them that we wished to help them with our donation of $300 for their match grant situation.  They were receptive to this, and the only thing left is to work the details as to how we will have the money on hand for the social event.  I have been told that Roma's pizza (which I have never tried) has offered to beat anyones offer for our social event, so they may be the place to go to, but we'll have to see what their pizza taste like first.  I asked Tim and Jacky (since they live close to Roma's) to give them a try sometime and let me know, I don't know if anyone else has had it before?

I need to give the "NFB" logo to Nicole Buck to have it put on the back of the T-shirts for the tournament.  I'm pretty sure that the NFB has a logo, but she also said that we should have it indicate the Kalamazoo chapter in some way or other.  If anyone has any ideas on this, I would appreciate it.  I thought that I may be able to just paste the logo and put Kalamazoo underneath it or something like that.

I have 2 ideas for fund raisers in mind, so my other 3 will come soon hopefully.  The one is basic, but I thought that raffling off something really cool, like a Plasma TV or something like that, something general public, would be a big draw.  The other idea that I had is much more long term and idealistic, but I thought that it would be really really neat to put together a skit...a play of sorts, a performance for the general public about the lives of different blind people.  We could have a show, and put it on for the public and charge a ticket amount, make it a community event.  I'm thinking that I could get a few theater students at WMU to help me put something together.  Maybe this is a bit lofty, but just a brainstorm idea.

Beyond that, I have yet to contact the local Newspapers and News stations about the Kalamazoo tournament, but it is on my "To Do List" so that will be soon.

I hope things are going well for the rest of you, and we'll see you in a few weeks.
Tyler
President of NFB of Kalamazoo