[Nfb-kzoo] Pizza for goalball tournament

Tyler and Leanne Merren tmerren at charter.net
Sat Dec 18 00:44:12 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,
I was not able to attend our most recent meeting, due to my child being
sick.  I was reading through the minutes that Emily sent (thanks Emily), and
I have some thoughts regarding the dinner following the goalball tournament.

I believe that we should think about holding a fund raiser in order to
provide the meal free of charge.  Our chapter is becoming more active, so it
seems like we should have enough participation to put something together.
These athletes pay a lot of money to come here, and though $5 doesn't seem
like much, I believe it's the principal of the matter.  Our chapter has
given this dinner in support of the tournament for the past two years, and
it has been very much appreciated.  Last year I heard a lot of positive
feedback.  All other tournaments that are held throughout the year provide
at least two meals for the participants.  Lunch is being provided by MBAA on
Saturday, and I think people are now counting on our chapter to provide
dinner for Saturday night.  Please, let's not let these people down by
saying that we will set it up, but that they have to pay a fee to eat.
I am not very good at fund raisers, but I'm sure we can find something to
do.  I'll start asking around.  I would like to know, though, if others are
willing to help.  I know we're busy, but let's keep our good rapport going.

Thanks,
Leanne