[Nfb-kzoo] NFB Sponsered Pizza Party

Tyler merren twmerren at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 15:14:17 UTC 2011

JJ,
Good thoughts, and here are my answers.  First off, I do feel that the tip may have been a little too high for the delivery, but I certainly don't want to be stingy either, so if anyone feels they have an idea of what we should do for an amount?  I feel that $5 a delivery is substantial, since we will have 3 deliveries, and it is not really that far for the delivery boy/girl.  A normal tip is no more than a couple of dollars for delivery anyway right?

We are also bringing in coolers this year instead of buying bottled water or pop.  Christine has volunteered to purchase some of the mixes for us, along with plates and cups and napkins, all to be reimbursed.  I spoke with the hotel manager, and he stated that their are two sinks in the big conference room that we will be in, so we will have access to water for our drinks.  And I will also describe the conference room to everyone tonight at the meeting.  I haven't visited personally because I was down with a stomach bug the last few days, but I did speak with the manager and got a good idea of what we are looking at.

Another note is that we will be putting out a donation bucket as well to help offset the cost, and I will make that announcement in the email to all the athletes/teams, that I will be sending out after the meeting, assuming that all is well as far as everyone is concerned.

I look forward to the meeting and I hope that we can finalize plans to everyone's satisfaction.  Good work JJ,
Tyler Merren
President of the NFB of Kalamazoo