[Nfb-kzoo] Next Meeting

Tyler merren twmerren at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 18:42:51 UTC 2011

Hey Everyone,
This is the first reminder that our NFB meeting will be next Thursday (January 20) beginning at 5:30pm for dinner and 6:30pm for the actual meeting.  The question that I wanted to ask is whether or not anyone had an opinion on trying a new place?  I've been given a recommendation of McGinnis Landing, a restaurant on West Main by Harding's.  I've been told the prices are good and the food is great.  I do have us scheduled there right now, but that is easily changed, I just wanted to see if it was even doable.  They have a back room for us and it is on the bus line, though admittedly I believe it is a little more of a walk from the bus stop as opposed to Galleghers

Below is the location information, phone number,  and the menu for the restaurant, let me know what you think.
Tyler Merren
President of the nFB of Kalamazoo

McGinnis Landing
5031 West Main st.
Kalamazoo, MI 49009
269-388-9911

Menu

Appetizers

Grilled Chicken Quesadilla, $8.49

buenas quesadillas! flour tortillas filled with marinated chicken breast and monterey jack cheese. served with our homemade salsa and sour cream. add guacamole or hot peppers for only $0.99

 Steak And Cheddar Quesadilla, $9.49

same great quesadilla, but we add grilled marinated steak instead of the chicken

 Drunken Chicken Bruschetta, $9.99

french baguette topped with our bruschetta mix, shredded beer can roasted chicken and smoked cheddar cheese then baked in an oven until the cheese has melted. add guacamole or hot peppers for only $0.99

 Group Grab, $11.99

enough for a group or just for 2. our consists of the following: pot stickers. 3 wings, cheesy bread, antijitos, and 2 sauces for dipping

 Chili Chicken Fingers, $7.99

chicken tenders tossed in a fiery sweet chili sauce

 Chicken Tenders, $7.99

5 breaded strips of chicken breast served with your favorite sauce

Loaded Skins, $7.99

baked potatoes cooked and topped with jack and cheddar cheeses, green onions, bacon bits, and chopped tomatoes

 K-Zoo Wings, $7.99

make your tastebuds sour with this traditional favorite. available with your choice of: honey garlic, mild, medium, hot, or suicide.

Chicago Dip, $8.49

get to the heart of the matter! spinach and artichoke hearts in a white sauce with a blend of cheeses. served with fresh salsa, sour cream, and nacho chips. with just pita chips $1.99 extra

Nachos Supreme, $7.99

crisp tortilla chips, and lots of melted jack and cheddar cheeses, chopped tomatoes, onions, and peppers. add spicy beef or chicken for $1.99, add guacamole of jalapenos for only $1.99

Antijitos (Ahn-Toh-Hee-Tohs), $6.99

salsa, cream cheese, and diced jalapenos blended then in a soft flour tortilla then baked. served with salsa or sour cream.

Cheesy Bread, $5.99

2 feet of garlic bread smothered in melted cheddar cheese

Large Bowl

Soup Of The Day, $4.99, $3.99

a fresh choice created every day by our chef

French Onion Soup, $4.99

a rich broth with lots of caramelized onions, topped with croutons and melted parmesan and mozzarella cheese

Seafood Entrees

all seafood entrees are worth 150 points on your reward card.

Blackened Salmon, $16.99

fresh filet of salmon topped with a blend of our special spices and then blackened. a great way to experience the salmon with the spicy crust and the moist center. served with your choice of potato and fresh vegetables.

Grilled Salmon, $15.99

fresh salmon grilled then topped with a dollop of garlic butter. we serve it with fresh vegetables and your choice of potato

Baked Seafood Platter, $14.99

tilapia, shrimp, and scallops brushed with garlic butter and fresh squeezed lemon and then baked. served with fresh vegetables and choice of potato

English Style Fish & Chips, $11.99

3 pieces of beer battered cod cooked until golden brown and served with fries, coleslaw and tartar sauce

Sauteed Whitefish, $13.99

white fish filet lightly sauteed then served with lemon and your choice of potato and fresh vegetables

McGinnis Shrimp Platter, $12.99

8 breaded jumbo shrimp cooked until golden and then served with french fries and coleslaw

>From The Wok

all entrees from this section are worth 150 points on your reward card.

Two Layer Crunchy Thai Stir-Fry, $12.99

Chicken breast in a thai batter cooked until golden. served on a bed of stir-fried vegetables with a side of spicy thai or chili stir-fry sauce. served over steamed chow mein noodles.

Vegetarian Stir-Fry, $9.99

a variety of fresh vegetables, including mixed bell peppers, celery, carrots, and bok choy just to name a few. served with a side of your choice of the following sauces: sweet chili sauce or spicy thai. served on a bed of steamed noodles

Chicken Stir-Fry, $11.99

marinated grilled breast of chicken served over our delicious vegetable stir-fry with all of those great fresh vegetables. served with your choice of the following sauces: sweet chili sauce or spicy thai. served on a bed of fresh steamed noodles

New York Strip Steak, $19.99

usda 16 oz. new york strip cooked to perfection along with our special steak rub.

Salads

all appetizer salads are worth 50 points on your reward card while entree salads are worth 100 points.

Greek Salad, $7.99

traditional greek salad with red and green peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, black olives, romaine lettuce, and feta cheese, all tossed with greek dressing. add grilled breast of chicken for $2.99

Crunchy Chicken Salad, $6.99

spicy breaded chicken served atop fresh crisp greens with chopped tomatoes, mixed peppers, green onions, cheddar and jack cheese. choice of dressing

Regular

Appetizer

Spinach Salad, $7.49

$4.99

fresh spinach with mushrooms, peppers, bacon bits, tomatoes, egg, and croutons. served with our hot bacon dressing or dressing of your choice. add grilled breast of chicken for $2.99, add grilled salmon or shrimp for $3.99

Tropical Salad, $8.99

crisp romaine topped with grilled chicken breast, pineapple, mango, and cashews as well as crunchy chow mein noodles. we then drizzle the salad with a fabulous creamy celery dressing

Caesar Salad, $7.49

$4.99

crisp romaine served with our creamy caesar dressing with bacon bits and croutons. add grilled breast of chicken for $2.99, add grilled salmon or shrimp for $3.99

Cobb Salad, $10.99

char grilled breast of chicken, crisp bacon, boiled egg, black olives, cucumber, shredded carrot, blue cheese, jack and cheddar cheese, tomatoes on fresh greens with your choice of dressing

Chicken Fajita Salad, $8.99

char grilled, marinated breast of chicken placed on crisp greens with chopped tomatoes, mixed peppers, green onions, black olives as well as jack and cheddar cheese. served in an edible bowl with choice of ranch dressing or salsa

Steaks And Ribs

all of our steak and rib entrees are served with a choice of any 2 of the following sides: french fries, baked potatoes, spanish rice, broccoli, vegetable of the day, appetizer salad, or for an additional $1.99 you may add a spinach salad, caesar salad, o

Full Rack

1/2 Rack

Fall Of The Bone Ribs, $18.99

$14.99

center cut baby back ribs slow roasted in the oven with our own special bbq sauce and then finished on the fire to ensure that all is done just right.

Slow Roasted Ribs And Wings, $16.99

a smaller portion of the fall-off-the-bone ribs teamed up with great chicken wings with your choice of sauce as well as choice of potato and fresh vegetable.

McGinnis Cut, $14.99

top sirloin seasoned with our special blend of dry herbs and spices. we suggest adding sauteed mushrooms for only $0.99 more

The Sizzler, $10.99

a 7 oz. tender steak grilled to your liking with 2 sides.

Pasta & Pizza

all of our pastas are served with garlic toast. all pastas and pizzas are worth 100 points on your rewards card.

Cajun Shrimp And Chicken Pizza, $12.99

blackened slices of chicken breast and bistro shrimp tossed in an alfredo sauce with linguine noodles

Baked Penne, $8.99

penne noodles in a light blush sauce with cheddar and jack cheeses, freshly diced tomatoes, broccoli, and sweet peppers. everything is topped with a fine bread crumb and baked in the oven until hot, bubbly, and golden. add a grilled breast of chicken for $2.99

Penne Jambalaya, $13.99

a new orleans favorite! our famous spicy jambalaya sauce sauteed with grilled chicken breast, cajun sausage, shrimp, mixed peppers, and onions

Seafood Pasta, $13.99

6 fresh shrimp, scallops, and a large prawns sauteed with our homemade alfredo sauce and linguine noodles. topped with parmesan and chopped green onions.

Meat Lovers Pizza, $9.99

bacon, sausage, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese make this a meat lovers delight.

Three Cheese Pizza, $7.99

experience the power of three great cheeses. mozzarella, monterey and cheddar cheeses

Chicken Pesto Pizza, $9.49

pesto sauce, grilled chicken breast, and mozzarella cheese make this a memorable pizza. topped with fresh spring lettuce.

Cashew Chicken Linguine, $11.99

linguine pasta tossed in garlic cream sauce with diced tomatoes and grilled chicken.

Burgers

all of our burgers come with fries. all burgers are worth 100 points on your reward card.

The Best Burger, $6.69

we can't be modest about this one. 1/2 pound of fresh ground chuck cooked to perfection

The Feast-er Burger, $10.49

the manliest burger in k-zoo. 16 ounces of ground chuck stacked on a three-layer bun with bacon, jack and cheddar cheese, mushrooms, grilled onions, lettuce, tomato, and raw onion

Top It Your Way, $0.99

add any one of the following toppings for $0.99 each: bacon, grilled onions, green olives, sauteed mushrooms, cheddar cheese, swiss cheese, mozzarella, pepper jack cheese.

Sandwiches

all sandwiches are served with a choice of one of the following sides: french fries, spanish rice, appetizer house salad, or, for an additional $1.99, spinach salad, caesar salad, or a bowl of soup. combos are available monday to friday 11 a.m. until 4 p.

Chicken Supreme, $7.99

breast of chicken grilled and topped with a honey mustard sauce, sauteed mushrooms, and melted swiss cheese

BLT - Built Like A Truck, $7.99

we start with toasted sourdough then add mayo, slices of tomato, lots of crisp bacon and crisp lettuce. this one is always satisfying.

Baked Chicken Fajita Wrapper, $8.49

marinated, grilled breast of chicken wrapped in a soft tortilla with sauteed onions, red and green peppers, lettuce, tomato, and cheddar and jack cheeses. baked in the oven until warm and tasty.

Chicken Pesto Sandwich, $9.49

we invite you to try specialty sandwich served on homemade pesto bread. we fill it with grilled marinated chicken breast, mixed spring greens, add diced tomatoes. served with pesto and ranch sauce.

Roast Beef Bookmarker Sandwich, $9.99

tender roast beef sliced thinly and pited high on a bun topped with our special stilton cheese sauce, fresh spinach, tomatoes, and grilled onions.

Steak Sandwich, $9.99

7 oz. balltip sizzler, grilled the way you like it and served on a french baguette

Cuban Ciabatta, $9.49

delicious ciabatta bread topped with black forest ham, grilled breast of chicken, swiss cheese, dijon mustard, mayo, and slices of dill pickle.

Vegetarian Pesto Sandwich, $8.99

same great pesto bread filled with a variety of grilled vegetables

California Club, $8.49

cajun chicken breast served on toasted sourdough with pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, grilled bacon, and mayo.

Salad And Soup Of The Day, $6.99

our fresh soup of the day served with your choice of appetizer salad and a bread stick.

French Connection, $7.99

french onion soup, caesar salad, and garlic toast.

South Of The Border

add guacamole or hot peppers for just $0.99 to any south of the border items. all items for south of the border are worth 50 points on your reward card. can be cooked to order.

Black Bean Chicken Quesadilla, $8.99

grilled flour tortilla stuffed with green onions, chicken, pepper jack cheese, and our black bean mix. a true southwestern classic served with our homemade salsa and sour cream.

Taco Platter, $7.99

three soft tortillas with you choice of beef of chicken, lettuce, sour cream, tomato, green onion, salsa, and mixed cheese.